I was awakened by a phone ring at 7 am today. A handsome, polite, young male voice bid me a Good Morning and asked me if I got his pants ready for him. I checked myself to see if I was still sleeping, but the reality of a bright summer morning was definitely kicking in. I went on to explain to him that I was a homemaker and I didn’t make any pants. He lost interest in the conversation and excused himself. I was disappointed because I was imagining a very cute guy that I talked with and I was sad to loose him. I told about it to my husband and he said that should have told the man to come pick up his pants. We laughed and got in the car to go to Wal-Mart. We were almost at the Wal-Mart parking lot when I got another call. This time it was a middle-eastern man with a deep voice and a heavy accent – he also wanted to know where his pants were. This time my imagination was picturing someone looking like Ben Laden and I quickly told him that he had a wrong number. The man was asking for my name and I could not figure out if he was saying Irina or Elena (another very common Russian name). I decided to call one of my Russian friends from Evansville who has an alteration business and who’s name is Elena to tell her about my encounters (and to warn her about the crazy middle-eastern guy).
It turns out that she wrote my phone number next to her own cell phone number on a piece of paper that she usually keeps on the table under the glass when she does business – she keeps that numbers close so that she can easily give them out to clients. We laughed and said Good buy, but now I am wondering – who else is going to call me next about his pants?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
soooo funny! girl, you haven't changed a bit and can still make me laugh! you silly korean-russian girl, you! i love you so much and miss you just terribly!!! when are we ever gonna get together, again?!?!?
hugs to all 3 of you... ;-)
Irina, you crack me up! :)
Thank you Shelly and Jenny for your comments! For some reason lots of funny stuff happens to me in life and I decided to start writing about it.
that's a great idea... someday you may make a ton of money writing a BOOK of it all!!!
love you, girl...
XO
Irina,
You're too funny. You always were =)
I still think about the time at NCM when Lyle was leaving the office and you said, "Good-bye Lyle...bring us some ice cream," in this sad little voice. It still makes me laugh =)
Post a Comment