Have you heard of a happy place? No matter what’s going on in your life – there is a little part of your heart that is always happy – a memory of perfect content and bliss. Mine is on a sunny, white, sandy beach of the ocean. There is no past or future, no worries or regrets, no pain or hurt – it is just me and the ocean. OCEAN… Its waves sound like a mother whispering to calm her baby. Ocean…Ocean… Ocean…
Today we came back from Panama City Beach in Florida vacation and as I settled back at home I realized that I have already missed him – the ocean.
Some dark winter nights, when everything outside is covered with snow, and there is no escape from the cold and despair, I go to the ocean hidden in my soul. I imagine laying down on hot white sand, listening to the waves, watching for a sail boat on the horizon. As my cold lonely soul become warmer I know that I have arrived – at my happy place.
Today we came back from Panama City Beach in Florida vacation and as I settled back at home I realized that I have already missed him – the ocean.
Some dark winter nights, when everything outside is covered with snow, and there is no escape from the cold and despair, I go to the ocean hidden in my soul. I imagine laying down on hot white sand, listening to the waves, watching for a sail boat on the horizon. As my cold lonely soul become warmer I know that I have arrived – at my happy place.
1 comment:
everyone needs a happy place! thank you for the reminder...
mine is a mixture in my mind and memories of southern moss trees blowing above a quiet lake surrounded by blooming dogwoods or my dream of relaxing and taking in the islands and rainforests of st. lucia.
we all need a place to find our "happy", that's for sure!!!
XO
Post a Comment